In This Section


Q. What period does my renewal payment cover?
A. The Society’s dues year is July 1 through June 30. This dues payment will renew your membership until June 30, 2018.
Q. I mailed in my dues payment, but I received another statement; why?
A. It's likely that we did not receive your payment before we generated your new statement. If you don't think your payment crossed in the mail, contact member services at (317) 726-5000 or 1-800-272-2054
Q. What form of payment does the Society accept?
A. You can pay your dues with a personal or company check, American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa.
Q. Can I pay my dues online?
A. Yes! Dues payments will be accepted online at
Q. I can’t remember my password; can you send it to me? 
A. If you've forgotten your password, we'll e-mail it to you. Simply enter the e-mail address that is listed on your invoice into the password recovery page located here. If you no longer have access to that e-mail account, contact member services at (317) 726-5000 or 1-800-272-2054.
Q. What is the Indiana CPA-PAC contribution listed on my invoice?
A. First, the PAC contribution is voluntary. Funds raised are used to provide appropriate political contributions to Indiana’s elected officials of the General Assembly.
Q. How do I determine what my dues classification is?
A. Your dues classification is based on your license status and employment. The dues class preprinted on your renewal form is based on current information in your membership record. If you believe your dues classification may be out of date, please contact a member services associate at (317) 726-5000 or 1-800-272-2054 before payment.
Q. I am not currently working. Am I still obligated to pay my full renewal rate?
A. If you are currently unemployed or have taken a leave of absence to care for a family member, you may be eligible for our Professional Leave membership. Renewal rates for professional leave status are $175 for the 2017-18membership period. If you cannot afford professional leave status, you may petition the board of directors for a dues waiver. For more information regarding these options, you may contact a member services associate at (317) 726-5000 or 1-800-272-2054.
Q. I have decided to go back to school; do I qualify for the student membership?
A. If you have chosen to return to a college or university, but are a licensed CPA, you do not qualify for the free student membership. The free student membership class is reserved for students that are currently enrolled in an accredited Indiana college or university, but have not yet earned their CPA license.
Q. Are my contributions deductible as charitable donations?
A. Contributions to the Indiana CPA Society and the Indiana CPA Political Action Committee are not deductible as charitable contributions for tax purposes. Contributions to the Case Study Competition and the Educational Foundation may be deductible. 
Q. Are my dues expenses tax deductible?
A. Dues to the Indiana CPA Society may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. A portion of the dues, however, is not deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense to the extent that the Indiana CPA Society engages in state and federal lobbying as defined by the IRS regulations. The non-deductible portion for the dues for 2017-18 is two percent. 
Q. Can I still be a resident member if my license has expired?
A. No, if your license has expired, your appropriate member type should be associate. However, if your license is inactive versus expired, you still qualify for the resident member type.
Q. I do not want to renew my membership at this time. Are there any penalties might I experience should I wish to reinstate at a later date?
A. A member that chooses to cancel his/her membership will experience a one-time reinstatement fee when he/she wishes to rejoin the Society. Currently, our reinstatement fee is $25; however, this fee is reassessed on an annual basis and is subject to change.