8:30–10:10 A.M. General Session
Numbers Rule the World, But They Don't Speak the Words
Bob Mims, CPA, The Knowledge Institute
How can a numbers person master words and communication in an ever-changing and social dynamic? This session will reveal common communication mistakes financial professionals make and suggest solutions. Topics discussed include:
- When should I text, email, phone or meet?
- How to write emails that people actually read
- How to say “no” tactfully
- How to communicate information so others understand
- Identifying the big picture and your communications role
10:10–10:20 A.M. Break
It's time to stretch and get a coffee refill.
Corporate Ethics: Cases in Diversity & Inclusion
John L. Daly, CPA, CMA, CPIM, MBA, Executive Education, Inc.
The AICPA Code of Professional Conduct makes it clear that workplace harassment and discrimination is unacceptable but gives little further guidance. Other behavior standards can help us fill the gaps. This session will discuss cases involving ethical issues relating to diversity, sexually hostile work environments, gender identity and discrimination.