The Indiana CPA Education Foundation Scholarship provides financial assistance to students pursuing their accounting major and ultimate entry into the CPA profession. These scholarships of $1,000–$2,000 per year (amount determined by years until graduation) are renewable and dependent on recipient meeting the renewal criteria.
An Eligible Applicant Must Be/Have:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in accounting or an accounting-related major. (Accounting-related shall be as determined by the scholarship committee.)
- Planning to pursue the CPA license.
- Attending a four-year college or university in Indiana.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting/business, by end of spring 2021.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent).
- An Indiana CPA Society student member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is regionally, nationally or internationally accredited.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the Indiana CPA Society.
- Why are you pursuing a career as a CPA, and what do you want to do after you graduate from college?
- With so much competition for recruiting top talent, how can the CPA profession better attract students to consider a career in accounting? If you know of any barriers, let us know that, too.
- CPAs utilize a variety of skills. Choose one of the CPA Core Competencies that you think will be important to develop and explain how you plan to use that skill in your future career. (CPA Core Competencies: Communication Skills, Critical Thinking,
Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Collaboration & Networking and Decision Making)
April 1, 2021