Hiring: Membership Associate
Summary: Under the direction of the Membership Manager, this position executes customer service and member engagement at Leadership and Young Professional events. In addition, this position will work to recruit and retain members with
a specific emphasis on volunteers and the yearly volunteer process. As part of the member services department this position executes customer service and administrative functions on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Leadership and Young Professional Events
- Attend Leadership and Young Professional Networking Events to help Membership Manager with on-site registration and mingling with attendees.
- Print registration list, name badges, and any other materials for Young Professional Networking Events. Identify non-members who are attending.
- Compile statistics for all Young Professional Networking Events – unique attendees, return attendees, members, nonmembers, etc.
- Send pre and post event surveys for Leadership events and compile survey data.
- Work with Conference and Member Events Associate to register attendees for Leadership events and book hotel rooms for attendees who need one.
- Work with the Membership Manager on the coordination of marketing plan and preparation of information for event brochures for Communications Department.
- Works with Membership Manager to implement young pros, corporate finance, and general member recruitment and retention plans that will help meet strategic goals.
- Processes all membership applications and batches from accounting.
- Primarily responsible for data integrity in membership database; adding new members, address corrections, researching prospective and dropped member’s information, etc.
- Processes new licensees and recent exam passers in database.
- Compiles and maintains prospective and current membership lists.
- Prepares and distributes prospective member brochures and postcards.
- Maintains an active, open relationship with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
- Compiles lists for monthly mailing of membership certificates and provides to communications, so certificates are printed and mailed.
- Work with the Membership Manager to maintain member lists by firm and organization, which is done twice a year.
- Cultivates relationship with firm administrators and other points of contact at firms/organizations.
- With the guidance of the Membership Manager, uses data and analytics to identify specific member types to target (at risk, highly-engaged members, etc.) and then conducts outreach.
- Works with Membership Manager to monitor and report on key metrics.
- Pulls membership reports for Board Meetings.
- Actively participates in the membership portion of our strategic plan.
- Oversees 100% Organization Membership program.
- Works with the Membership Manager and staff at all levels to develop strategies and processes that will facilitate the identification of a diverse and qualified pool of potential volunteers.
- Oversees the successful implementation of the solicitation, appointment, and orientation process for volunteers.
- Contributes to the continued development of recognition strategies for all INCPAS volunteers.
- Coordinates annual evaluation process for volunteers (their efforts and their experience with the Society).
General Member Services
- Talks with members and other customers via telephone, e-mail and in person regarding event registration, membership information and other services provided by INCPAS as needed (First in call center).
- Provides back up for member services voicemail.
- Monitors INCPAS Chat (one day a week).
- Aids with processing mail during membership dues.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with members, potential members, vendors and others who have inquiries about INCPAS.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
This is a full-time position. Modifications to a reduced schedule is at the discretion of INCPAS and the following factors may be considered: 1) job duties change due to reorganization, economic conditions, or business evolution; or 2) job duties may
be modified, reduced or reassigned upon employee’s request if the change to a reduced schedule does not create undue hardship or financial burden on INCPAS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and training in contact management systems, database software, project management software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
INCPAS Staff Core Competencies
- Member Love – recruit, retain, engage and serve.
- Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration – teamwork for staff, members, customers, clients.
- Resource Management – finances, human resources, volunteers; people management; and technological resources.
- Compliance – legal, regulatory, ethics, and governance.
- Problem Solving and Empowerment – program development, staff culture, and safe-to-fail.
To apply, please send your resume to membership manager Jenna Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org.